2 tbsp butter
1 shallot, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh thyme
1/2 green bell pepper
2 cups white or wheat bread, cubed
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat sauce pan on medium heat and melt butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and cream, set aside.
- Saute shallots and bell pepper until caramelized. Add thyme and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until you
can smell the garlic.
- Pour cooked vegetables into egg mixture.
- Stir in crumbled goat cheese, half of the cheddar and spinach.
- Pour mixture back into same sauce pan and cook on medium heat without stirring.
- When edges begin to set, place in oven and bake until center is set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and return to oven for 3 minutes to melt.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.