- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate; checking every 20 sec to make sure it doesn’t burn. (Keep warm)
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into mold of your choice, using a paint brush; gently bring warm chocolate up the sides of the mold, covering the sides and bottom. Place in refrigerator to harden, about 5 minutes. Remove and add second layer of warm chocolate to the harden chocolate, using paint brush to cover all imperfections.
- Make sure you make a top and bottom to form a box
- After both top and bottom are harden, remove from mold. If any rough edges, use a warm knife to smooth them out.
Working Quickly and gently:
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate; keep checking to make sure it doesn’t burn. ( Keep warm)
- In medium bowl, whip yolks, and ¼ cup of the sugar until it is pale yellow and is at ribbon stage, set aside
- In another medium bowl, whip heavy cream to soft peaks, keep chilled
- In another bowl whip egg whites with the remaining sugar to soft peaks
- Working quickly and gently, fold together warm chocolate and yolk mixture, then whipped whites, then heavy cream
- Pour into piping bag
- Garnish with fruit